Bonnie Westlin is a great fit for the new District 42. She is familiar with the issues for our shared suburban communities. Her work ethic and energy will make sure the interests of her constituents are well-served. Bonnie is smart and will work tirelessly on behalf of the folks in Plymouth, Medicine Lake and Maple Grove. I look forward to serving with her in the Minnesota Senate.-Senator Ann Rest
Bonnie shows up when and where it matters. She is an ally and a leader for our progressive values of fairness, opportunity, equality, freedom and security. Whether advancing human rights, reducing gun violence, guaranteeing reproductive freedom, combating climate change, ensuring health care for all, assuring that everyone gets a great public education, her voice has been so important. I look forward to working with her as a colleague.
-Senator Scott Dibble
I have known Bonnie for nearly 10 years and have watched her build a powerful campaign founded on integrity and hard work and focused on the issues that matter to Minnesotans. As a Senator, she will bring her leadership skills, strong work ethic and her life experience to find solutions to the issues we face. Bonnie will be an excellent Senator for Senate District 42.-Senator Chris Eaton
I’m proud to announce my support for Bonnie Westlin for Senate. I believe her legal expertise, her strong progressive values and her tenacity will be an important asset for the MN Senate as well as for SD42.
-Senator Sandy Pappas
Bonnie Westlin is a seasoned candidate who leads with the values of democracy. As an experienced family law attorney, Bonnie understands the needs of all Minnesota families. She is a passionate advocate for healthcare, education, and justice. I support Bonnie Westlin in her campaign to fight for the needs of all communities in Senate District 42
-Tamara Grady, Osseo School Board Director
I support Bonnie Westlin for her bid for Minnesota Senate 42. I served in the U.S. Army National Guard, and I often communicate with legislators and candidates to make them aware of issues affecting the service member, veteran, and military family (SMVF) community. She’s listened with empathy and an open mind when I have shared concerns about veteran suicide, homelessness, intimate partner violence, and other issues disproportionately affecting us. I was also a city council candidate in 2020 when Bonnie was running for senate. She was welcoming to me as a new candidate, worked to elevate my voice, and helped me learn about how to campaign.-Kristy Janigo, Candidate for Maple Grove City Council
- Cynthia Dawson: I proudly endorse Bonnie Westlin for MN State Senate in District 42, as we need her strength to lead our best interests in Plymouth! For 20 years, I’ve admired her integrity in both work and in helping others. Bonnie has experience serving the community with integrity, clearly articulating the differences between wrong and right! With a humble nature and a heroic drive, Bonnie is seeking truth and justice for all.
- Barbara del Caro Scaia: I have known Bonnie for over 17 years. I have followed her races and was always disappointed that she wasn’t in my district…as I felt then that she was a most outstanding candidate for state Senate. This year, she IS in my district…and I whole heartedly endorse her for district 42 Senate. Her ethics and her goals are those that match what I am looking for in a state senate candidate!! Plymouth needs Bonnie’s skills, ideas, and energy!
- Gail Freedman: I support her 100%!!
- Jerry Gale: Even though I have not lived in Bonnie Westlin’s district, I have supported and donated to her campaigns. I have doorknocked for her and walked with her in community parades. Why! She has been a strong advocate for common-sense gun violence prevention measures and Healthcare for All legislation. She had the courage to make these issues the cornerstones of her campaign and successfully build communities to support these issues. Bonnie will be an outstanding Minnesota State Senator.
- George Greene: Bonnie Westlin is exactly the kind of candidate we want; one who can do the job she’s running for, carefully crafts her messaging, is experienced at campaigning and works tirelessly on her campaign.
- Kelly Guncheon: I’ve followed Bonnie for years, and I can’t tell which is most impressive: her community leadership and participation or her cooking. I’m somewhat facetious in saying that, but anyone who has tracked her on Facebook would know how deeply committed she is to her community, to the law, to the representational legislative process, to fairness, to being a good steward of our resources, to her loving family, and to her incredible cooking/baking. Her integrity is impeccable, her legal knowledge so strong, her communication skills highly effective, and her analytical abilities balanced and insightful. She’s an exceptionally strong candidate and campaigner whom I wholeheartedly endorse.
- Kate Havelin: Bonnie Westlin is a focused and creative community leader who understands complex issues like gun violence prevention. Her organizing skills will make her an effective State Senator, representing district 42. Minnesota needs more leaders like Bonnie in the Legislature who will fight for common sense laws that can help save lives.
- Anne Martineau: I think Bonnie is an excellent candidate. I share her priorities and goals in serving Plymouth and the state. She’s highly professional, articulate and energetic and can win this Senate seat!
- Amy Marty: I know that Bonnie has the most experience operating the levers of power in government. She also shows up and puts in the work to win.
- Deb & Garrett Miedema: Bonnie really represents the interests of our SD42 community, and we wholeheartedly support her campaign for MN State Senate. We met Bonnie first when she knocked on our door during a campaign several years ago. She took the time to talk with us and get to know our concerns. She wants to bring us all together the way a State Senator should, with no us vs. them attitude. She has our support!
- Christine Wittman: I lived in Bonnie’s previous district and wholeheartedly supported her in her run for MN Senate. I am thrilled to say I still live in her district, the new SD42, and will work even harder for her campaign this time. Her views on common sense gun reform need to be heard and acted upon in Minnesota. She is fierce and determined and smart as a whip! That’s what we need in our leaders these days, and Bonnie brings all that and more to the table. We are lucky to have her willing to serve in the MN Senate.
- Susan Lach